The future of packaging
Innovative Solutions for a Truly Circular Economy
The Europe-wide EU Strategy for Plastics in the Circular Economy, developed to transform the way plastic products are designed, produced, used and recycled, sets a clear goal: all plastic packaging should be recyclable by 2030.
At Hatzopoulos, we always focus on improving packaging design and on innovating to make our plastic products more environmental-friendly and easier to recycle. In response to the requirements set by the European Commission as well as our customers globally, we have developed a series of films that are recycle-ready: X-CYCLE.
Design for recycling
Flexible packaging is the best packaging choice when it comes to product protection, food waste reduction, consumer convenience and sustainability. However, today, most multi-material film structures that provide a broad range of protective and functional properties are not recyclable through the current recycling infrastructure. Our X-CYCLE solutions are the recyclable films designed and launched by A.Hatzopoulos S.A. to fill this exact gap.
Consisting of three main categories: X-CYCLE PP, X-CYCLE POLY and X-CYCLE PE, these fully recyclable solutions are mono-material / homogeneous composites, suitable for recycling through the available corresponding recycling streams.
- Lighter than conventional laminates of the same thickness
- Higher product-to-package ratio
- Better environmental metrics
13% REDUCTION OF PACKAGING WEIGHT FOR 1KG COFFEE
- High-barrier properties against humidity / oxygen
- Optional integration of barrier properties against light
- Optional integration of barrier properties against mineral oils
- Solutions suitable for packaging of an array of products, contributing to their shelf-life extension
- Suitable for high-quality printing – up to 10 colors
- Optional transparency to enable product visibility
- High resistance to puncture
- Adjustable pack stiffness
- Excellent tearing properties for a smooth, safe and easy pack opening to maximize consumer convenience
- Very good mechanical properties for high performance at various high-speed packaging machines
- Films compatible with zippers and common degassing valves
- Hermetic sealing achieved at lower temperatures
- Contribution to less energy consumption